For your comments on proposals for improving and extending the existing sexual violence support services, including:
- Raising greater awareness of ways to report sexual abuse
- Provision of emotional support, advice, and information to victims of rape or sexual assault
- Extending and standardising access times to support, risk assessments, and referral processes
- Developing and delivering a training package for frontline health and social care staff
- Provision of therapeutic services for victims of rape or sexual assault
- Ensuring greater partnership and collaborative working between organisations involved in offering services to victims
Your response broadly provided support for our proposals to improve and extend the existing sexual violence support services. However, the need to ensure that specific services exist for different groups of people was emphasised, for example, with reference to gender.
We have taken on board the comments made and have amended our draft proposals in order to reflect this.
The city council funds the provision of specialist support to victims of sexual abuse. We are working with our partners to develop a strategy to encourage a more preventative approach to the problem of sexual abuse and to make sure that people affected by sexual violence get the right support at the right time.
Why We Are Consulting
We are seeking public feedback to help inform decision-making.
You can participate by completing the online survey below.
Alternatively, if you would prefer to have your say in person, we will be holding a number of drop-in sessions during the consultation period:
Male Only Session
22nd May 1pm – 4pm
Women Only Sessions
22nd May 9.30am – 12.30am
29th May 9.30am – 12.30am
29th May 1pm – 4pm
6 Bishop Street